Transporting cargo is one of the main services being offered by shipping companies. Having various types of customers with specific requirements, shipping companies offer these people 2 shipping methods. Each shipping method has its own unique qualities which meet the customers’ requirements.
Less than truckload shipping (LTL) is one of the methods utilized by most individuals and some businesses. It has a complicated process that shipping companies need to implement. Reputable shipping companies are known to fulfill LTL shipping transactions with the least possible errors. This article will discuss the complicated process being followed for LTL shipping services.
LTL shipping is a shipping method that uses a complex process. It differs with FTL shipping in all aspects. There are a number of reasons that would make customers choose LTL shipping over FTL shipping. It is important for people to know more about these reasons to get a clearer view of LTL shipping as a service. Here are some of these reasons:
1. Customers will always find the most cost-efficient way to ship their cargos.
2. LTL shipping is usually the cheaper option if a customer has a relatively fewer number of items that need to be shipped. This is because with LTL shipping, the shipping rate for each customer will be computed based on the total amount of space on the trailer that their cargos will be able to use up.
3. However, it should also be considered that the total weight of the cargo of a customer should not go over the limit for a trailer to be allowed to transport any cargo. Normally, the total load limit of a trailer to be allowed to travel within the province of Ontario is 44,000 lbs. Even if the cargo will not be able to use up all the space of the trailer, if the weight limit is reached, the customer may already be availing FTL shipping.
1. There are businesses or individuals who are concerned about the status of the environment. These customers tend to avoid going with FTL shipping.
2. Since FTL shipping involves dedicating a trailer or truck to be used to transport cargo of one customer, this would mean that availing such service will employ more trucks to transport cargo for individual customers. This, in turn, will have a negative impact on the environment in the long run. Fuel consumption increases as more trucks will be travelling to fulfill their delivery schedules. This increases the emission of carbon dioxide, which will increase the rate of global warming.
3. With LTL shipping, since multiple customers share the use of one truck, this is a chance to limit carbon dioxide emission. Using fewer trucks to ship cargos decrease the carbon footprint.
1. This can be relatable to customers that are trying to avoid paying for high shipping fees.
2. When there is a time-constraint for cargos to reach their destinations, LTL shipping is not the ideal shipping method to fulfill this. However, if there is no urgency to have the cargo transported, the quantity of items included will not be able to fill up a trailer, and the total weight of the cargo is not enough to reach the allowed limit for the trailer to be allowed to transport the items, then this is a scenario where LTL shipping is the most cost-efficient choice.
3. People should always remember, shipping companies have a lot of things to consider before they are able to give a formal price quotation. They have to look into their bookings to check if there are other customers who have cargo that would be delivered to areas that are close to the destination of your cargo. This will determine the estimated time and date of delivery for all the cargos going through the same route.
After you have made the decision to choose LTL shipping as the method that would fit your requirements, you must then prepare all of the items that will be included in the cargo. You will need to be diligent in going to various shipping companies to have a way to compare price quotations for you to find the best deal. You may refer to the following on how the LTL shipping process works for you and the shipping company:
LTL shipping is a service that is meant for smaller businesses and individuals who need to transport their items to their customers or any other preferred destination. It may seem that LTL shipping poses a great risk due to the possibility of handling the cargos at multiple occasions. However, people must also consider the strict management systems followed by the staff of shipping companies within their terminals and main distribution centers. Reputable shipping companies ensure that they will do excellent work in fulfilling any of their transactions. This is why customers keep coming back and entrusting them with their shipping concerns.
As one of the most trusted shipping companies within the province of Ontario, RoadLINX has always made it a point that we do not disappoint any of our customers. We do our best to fulfill any type of transaction given to us by our customers. If you are in need of LTL shipping services, you may contact us at 905-760-1141.
Sign up for industry alerts, insights & news from RoadLINX